Monday, September 3, 2007

2007 Tigers honor deceased coach and there are strange lights in the sky

Notes from the Sept. 2, 2007 issue of The Ontario Argus Observer

The Ontario High Tigers thumped a visiting Nevada 3A team from Lowry in the Tigers’ opening football game, 53-14. The team turned the contest into a tribute to its former Coach, Chuck Bates, who died unexpectedly in August.

Three residents from Nyssa and one from Ontario reported seeing unearthly bright lights in the sky. One, who is a pilot, tells the Argus: “I don’t think it was from here. Everytime I say that I say that I want to kick myself. I know it sounds crazy…but I don’t think they were from here."

Use our link to the newspaper’s web page for the full stories. Go to archives, enter the date and key words for stories from previous issues.

No comments: